SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organization working in Malawi and Zambia which focuses on business-based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to eradicate kerosene lamps in Africa by the end of the decade. For all countries, this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe our goal is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market by ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe reliable and affordable energy. We have begun to reach this goal by selling over 2 million lights across Africa and over 300,000 in Zambia.
Role Purpose: The HR Consultant is responsible for updating, developing, managing and maintaining efficient and effective human resources processes and systems to ensure the smooth running of the organisation, positive staff development, and engagement. We are looking for someone 12 hours per month.
- Review the HR Manual and all policies and update as needed, as approved by Ministry of Labour
- Develop a bi – annual staff performance review process with clear documentation.
- Circulate performance review documents to all managers and ensure they are being carried out in a timely manner with the staff they line manage
- Advise on any labour complaints or issues
- Attend any labour disputes at the request of the Ministry of Labour
- Work with departmental leads in identifying vacant positions
- Develop job descriptions and advertisements to attract relevant candidates
- Coordinate, manage and oversee a recruitment process
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Ensure that human resource practices are always within the labour laws of Zambia
- Prepare staff contracts and any other related documents
- Annually review the Staff Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labour laws.
- Ensure that each staff member adhere to human resource policy at all times
- Ensure that individual file is always updated and properly secured
Staff Development and Retention:
- Work with in house HR staff member and develop her knowledge
- Ensure effective staff onboarding process is implemented each time a new staff member is hired
- Use the outcome of the performance review process, regularly valuate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations to the General Manager
- Develop and manage staff recognition and reward policies
Skills & Competencies
- communication skills
- organisational skills
- people management
- listening skills
- teamwork skills
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (or equivalent experience)
- Licensed under The Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management in Zambia
- Proven knowledge of team building and leadership skills
- Dedicated individual with the ability to work without close supervision
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR A CONSULTANCY OF 12 HOURS PER MONTH
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please verify that you have all of the qualifications and skills before sending in your CV. Please highlight your previous experience working with Human Resources. Please ensure that your cover letter is no more than 1 page and your CV is no more than 3 pages in length and that you only send it through one time to the email address below, For your CV to be reviewed, please ensure that the subject line says “HR Consultant Position”.
Only short-listed people will be contacted.