Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Procurement Coordinator
Job Purpose: To provide procurement support in the acquisition of goods and services and ensuring that contracts for essential services and goods are in place in order to aid the company attain an optimal compromise between cost, quality, safety and deadlines.
- Adherence to safety requirements in the work area and being aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at Munali Nickel Mine.
- Identifying the risks in their work area and using the correct controls.
- Negotiating for the best possible terms and placing contracts for the supply of goods and services to meet planned customer requirements.
- Evaluate received quotations and make commercial recommendations.
- Identifying and formulating/executing Forward Purchase Agreements (FPAs) and Consignment Stocking Agreements for all fast-moving materials.
- Develop a detailed Recommendations to Award and have them approved
- Preparation and Administration of all on-site contracts.
- Applying Munali Nickel Mine’s tendering and contracting procedures in line with current policy.
- Conducting supplier rationalization, and variety reduction and record savings achieved as a result
- Ensuring that all contractors on site conform to commercial requirements of the company
- Evaluate contracted vendors’ performance
- Providing accurate commercial advice to Munali Nickel Mine personnel on tendering and contractual matters.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures in relation to contracting are adhered to.
- Providing a consistent and quality service to all our customers and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Clarifying service requests with originators to ensure requirements are adequately described in the scope of works and the correct specifications are obtained.
- To obtain negotiated and budgeted savings through effective contracts review and negotiations
- Ensuring that executed contracts have favorable Commercial terms and conditions for the Mine
- Dealing with both internal and external contractors and ensuring that all issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide inputs for operational contractual reports to enable effective management of the key performance activities in the mine, such as weekly reports, weekly PO status report.
- Ensure regular customer engagement to better understand user requirements.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply or CIPS equivalent
- Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- At least Five years of experience in the Mining Sector or other busy 24hour Operation Industries
- High level of computer skills – Microsoft word and Excel, and any computerized accounting package.
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited