To drive and deliver exceptional retail business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigour excellence in branches with up to 25 staff members or branches with single customer categories.
National Certificate: Accounting (Required)
People Management 40%
• Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
• Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for all members of staff in the branch.
• Recommend reward allocations for all branch staff, including bonus and pay increases.
• Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and Succession plans for all direct reports.
• Responsible for hiring team members based on short-lists of candidates compiled by HR.
• Responsible for conducting exit interviews for all employee-initiated departures from the bank. Provide results of exit interviews to HR for review and analysis.
• Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc), and submit to HR for record keeping.
• Directly responsible for discipline – initiate misconduct or incapacity charges, follow Absa discipline processes together with HR and an independent chairperson. Build the case files where required.
• Ensure that team members own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
• Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Absa Africa recognition schemes.
• Create an empowering environment for branch staff, encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
Business Management 30%
• Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of Retail performance objectives for the branch in terms of:
o Employee Satisfaction
o Customer experience
o Sales growth and income contribution
o Cost performance
o Risk and rigour management
• Budget accountability:
o Accountable for achieving annual sales targets as cascaded from the Area Manager. Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a regular basis, at least monthly.
o The Branch manager is also responsible for maintaining a healthy balance sheet in the branch i.e. ensuring the assets on the books of the branch are performing to expected standards, that low quality assets are kept to a minimum and that the earnings contribution of the branch is within acceptable levels ...
For more details, visit the website via the link below.