With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Dispense and receive cash and related instruments and provide customer service to walk-in branch Retail Customers.
CASH AND RELATED TRANSACTIONS 70%
• Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, Bills Negotiated/on collection, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk-in customers.
• Authorize and confirm foreign or local currency cheques (including credit/debit cards), either by issuing or cashing such cheques within set limits.
• Carry out random checks at 2 hourly intervals to ensure that cashiers have captured all transactions on the bank’s system and that they are properly authorised before processing.
• Monitor and maintain a record of all cashiers errors such as shorts and overs in tills
• Carry out formal disciplinary action on errors noted as a result of cashiers negligence
• Responsible for managing the vault and all cash supplies on the tills (beginning and end of day and intra-day) as well as cash sorting and repatriation.
• Monitor cash levels held by the cashiers and in the vault throughout the day to ensure that both elements are within limits.
• Order branch cash from the cash provider or central bank in accordance with limits set by the country head office.
• As co-Custodian provide a second check in the daily reconciliation of branch total cash.
• Escalate all cash issues including resourcing directly to the Branch Operations Manager or Operations Office in accordance with current procedures.
• Ensure cash is packaged correctly by front-line cashiers.
• Recommend re-order levels of cash to the Branch Ops Manager or Officer on a weekly basis.
• Carry out start and end of day checks for cashiers and till areas
CUSTOMER SERVICE 20%
• Provide advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
• When directly receiving customer enquiries, attempt to resolve the enquiry at the first instance by using the bank’s systems. Only escalate to the Branch Manager or Branch Operations, or ask the customer to speak to an Inquiries Advisor when all other efforts have been exhausted to resolve the customer’s request.
• Explain the banks procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transacting) as well as services to customers.
• Inform customers of the value of using the Customer Feedback system, including explaining to customers how the bank uses their feedback to improve service.
• Identify customers that may require bulk counting facility
• Manage leave days for the cashiers
• Provide monthly counter returns to Branch Ops Manager or Officer
• Hold daily morning huddles so that quality service is guaranteed to customers
• Identify training needs for the cashiers to improve their skills levels
• Participate in all customer service initiatives as directed by line manager from time to time
• Hold coaching sessions for the cashiers and maintain a record for tracking performance
• Provide input into cashiers’ performance reviews for the Branch Operations Manager of Officer
SALES LEADS 5%
• Identify sales leads through reviewing income levels on customer statements, questioning customers when they mention specific needs, and referring any new leads to Customer Advisors
• When specific sales campaigns are running in the branch, explain the campaign details in brief to cashiers, customers, and direct them to the Customer Advisors for further information.
• Support Personal bankers to call and complete leads referred to your branch on Optimus
• Ensure cashiers reconcile their till cash at the beginning and end of each day, as well as when cash is restocked or repatriated during the day.
• Ensure cashiers close tills according to the bank’s procedures, including physically securing the till according to requirement set out (e.g. physically chaining the till).
• Throughout each day advise the Branch Ops when teller cash limits are reached to enable them to restock or repatriate cash.
• Conduct snap checks as assigned by the Branch Coordinator from time to time.
• Ensure that all transaction records are kept meticulously and in accordance with bank procedures. Make such documents available for review/control purposes when required.
• All cashiers to sign for their till keys in the keys register
• On a weekly basis review the ORC report to close off exceptions
• Responsible for submission of excess cash report to Cash Services Manager
• Provide monthly statistical data on cash transactions to Branch coordinator to assist in arriving at appropriate cash holding limits (both foreign & local currency)
• Manage cashiers Overtime and submit return on a monthly basis
• Hold strongroom keys (second set) as co-custodian, ensure that no compromises are made
• Ensure that stationery (labels, security tags etc) and equipment (PC’s, UV lights, note counters, currency verifiers etc) are available all the time
Risk and Control
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa
Policies and Standards.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Submit your application online.