This position is a three year renewable contract.
The Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre (KGRTC), situated about 100 km south of Lusaka, off Chirundu Road, is a regional training facility offering in-service training in Energy and related technical, and non-technical courses for Africa and beyond. The Centre, in addition, offers quality conference, accommodation and catering services.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To ensure that courses are developed and run according to agreed plans and standards. To collaborate with clients on training needs and spearhead the research function.
The job holder will report to the office of the Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess utilities’ current and future training needs and design and develop relevant training programmes and courses.
- Monitor and evaluate training programmes and courses to ensure that the quality and content meet the identified needs.
- Ensure current and newly developed courses are advertised both locally and internationally in collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development Department.
- Facilitate the development of the Consultants to bring their technical know-how and practical skills to the required standard.
- Work closely with cooperating partners and utilities and create effective collaborations with funding institutions.
- Spearhead energy and training related research.
- Maintain and provide technical guidance and spearhead the implementation of the Quality Management System.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Masters Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering/ Energy Management or equivalent from a recognized University
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience which includes teaching and curriculum development
- A teaching qualification will be an added advantage
Specific Skill Requirements
The candidate must possess the following specific skills:
- Computer literate with good organizational and communication skills.
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good and proven leadership skills with high standards of integrity and morality.
- Relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Good people management skills
Applications together with certified copies of relevant qualifications, curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and a day time contact number must be submitted either by hand or by email.
25 Jan 15:00
Hand deliver applications to
The Head Human Capital & Administration, Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre, P.O. Box 32774, LUSAKA, Or The Head Human Capital & Administration, Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre, P.O. Box 35, NAMALUNDU.