BDO People and Business solutions, is currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Financial controller. Our client, a five star hotel based in Lusaka, requires an experienced, self-driven and suitably qualified individual to fill in the vacancy.
- Assist the Financial controller in the budgeting process for all capital and operational requirements
- Monitor timely preparation and submission of periodical reports to external and internal users
- Maintain records, registers and documents in order to facilitate internal and external audit
- Assist the Financial controller in preparation of the balance sheet and the profit and loss statements for the hotel
- Prepare MIS reports, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of activities
- Manage performance appraisal of the staff in the department
- Must have a good understanding of local and international accounting principles
- CA Zambia, ACCA, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least three years practical experience in a similar role
- Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of tax principles and law, tax audits, tax compliance and all types of tax returns. Must be a registered ZICA member.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Exceptional research, analytical and writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
All applications should be sent to with the heading ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.