ORYX Energies is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
- Development and Implementation of an effective Asset Management Programme, combining both technical and financial elements.
- Keep to executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist in improving processes in support of the organizational goals.
- Collaborates with procurement department to determine best supplier rates.
- Preparation of monthly stock reports and cylinder movements.
- Ensure effective deployment of OGZL & OEZL assets.
- Ensure compliance to HSSEQ, local authority, local and ISO standards requirements.
- Management of all revalidation services.
- Principal Activities
- Distribution and deployment of cylinders between depots and Points of revalidation services.
- Distribution and deployment of cylinders between depots and Points of Sale
- Handle the day-to-day movement of empty cylinders between Oryx and Distributors
- Managing details of stocks of valves, paint, decals and procuring additional stocks as required
- Manage and control LPG Cylinder refurbishment Budget. Ensuring costs within budget/work completed within Oryx Standards.
- Keep accurate records of cylinder movements & provide monthly reports to HSSEQ & Logistics Manager
- Processing of Procurement of cylinders and documentation.
- Monthly stock control at refurbishers
- Monitoring and reporting of activities in accordance with legal, standards and Group requirements.
- Ensure that valid contracts exist between OGZL and Refurbishers
- Work jointly with the sales organisation to create and implement an affective cylinder utilising plan.
- Implement and track cylinder management data.
- Ensuring cylinders are re-allocated to regions with the demand.
- Preparation of monthly reports for cylinder management.
- Coordination of Cylinder revalidation processes
Key working relations
- Commercial Department
- Finance Department
- Logistics Department
- Supply Department
- Customers and Distributors
Minimum Education /Tertiary Qualification
- A minimum of Commercial or Technical Degree or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably in stock management.
- Oil and Gas industry exposure will be added advantage.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Time management skills
- Stock control
- Administrative skills
- Ability to work on initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of business policies and procedures
- Networking and learning
Training and Development
- Sound Knowledge of LPG Depot Operations, Supply, Technical and Logistic Management
- Skillful application of Operations and distribution systems.
- Basic application of Finance skills.
- Expertise in the HSSEQ function.
- The ability to make informed and effective decisions.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management displaying good skills.
- A basic application and an awareness and ability to willingly take the lead when need.
- The ability to work with others to make a real difference.
- Actively promotes a positive team spirit
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Demonstrates shared commitment to team success
- Demonstrates respect for other people’s cultures and perspective.
Method of Application
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Communications Officer
Oryx Energies Zambia Limited
Plot No. 875 Zambia Road
P. O. Box 230074
Interested persons should apply to enclose Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email below.
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.