Great North Credit Limited (GNC) is an ambitious micro finance Institution (MFI) licensed by the Bank of Zambia (BOZ). GNC hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and professionally experienced candidates for the position of Head of Sales & Marketing. The ideal candidates must have strong marketing and sales skills, strong credit analysis and debt recovery skills in the microfinance sector. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Head Office in Lusaka.
The Sales Manager is responsible for supporting and improving GNCs business growth strategies through effectively managing the sales team. He/She is expected to initiate sales activations and marketing Campaigns. The Sales Manager shall be responsible for driving sales and marketing strategies through implementing various mechanisms such as advertising, promotions and digital marketing tools to improve GNCs brand and footprint.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking lead in developing GNCs sales strategy and plans through identifying market segments to be aligned with the products.
- To develop measurable sales KPIs and targets for all the sales staff and ensure allocation to track performance daily.
- Taking lead on all the sales lead generations, conversions, negotiations and sales promotions activities while working with all the sales teams.
- To develop and implement customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Taking the lead in marketing activities, business campaigns and sales activations to ensure successful implementation, coordination of all sales promotions and marketing campaigns for GNC products and special events
- Maintaining a close link with the provincial and town sales teams, implementing regional based personal and corporate selling, direct marketing and sales promotions to achieve GNCs brand awareness and sales growth.
- Developing market strategies for all new and existing products and services.
- Carry out regular product performance reviews to analyse their performance in line with the budget and strategic objectives.
- Supporting the development, review and roll out of new credit and digital channels including the training for branch staff.
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly sales forecasts for the institution and assist all sales staff in improving performance to achieve targets.
- Responsible for training the sales team and ensuring that all sales staff have necessary sales skills to improve performance.
- Developing preferred customer pipeline list, carrying out sales client visits and accomplish all selling priorities.
- Managing business growth and engagements through the social media platforms for GNC and timely converting them into sales leads generation channels.
- Generating GNCs website, social media content and updating the digital channels including promoting engagements with the customers on the respective channels.
- Provide monthly reports to management on the Performance of the sales lead generation channels and present key items that require their attention.
- As a part of the going concern process, in conjunction with credit and operations managers to develop Business Growth Strategy (BGS) and Expansion Plans based on the market potential
- Working closely with the credit manager to ensure origination of quality loans through carrying out excellent credit analysis by the sales team at the point of selling.
- Responsible for supervising Customer Relationship Officers to effectively maintain their Portfolio At Risk (PAR) to be within acceptable levels.
- Assisting the CEO in formulating and reviewing proposals for the Board’s decision making to improve business performance.
- Working closely with call centre team to ensure quick resolution of customer complaints and give feedback to clients on all matters of customer service.
- To call for weekly departmental meetings with staff discussing the company’s sales performance and product reviews.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills.
- Strong proven credit analysis and debt recovery skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and presentations skills
- Advanced IT skills including use of Excel, Word, email, PowerPoint, databases.
- High level of numeracy, analytical and statistical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Good multitasking capabilities and team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Digital Marketing skills (Content generation and Integration)
- Understand the changing marketing trends
- Business acumen, knowledge of the market and ability to align work with strategic goals.
- Integrity, ability to inspire the trust of others
Qualifications and Experience
- A Business related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3 year’s work experience in a sales and credit role at a microfinance institution
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their application letters, CVs and academic qualifications in one file. Please, indicate your full name and position applied for in your email subject of application for easy identification to shortlist, e.g Job Application_Head of Sales & Marketing_Bwalya Chanda.