The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for the regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions under the Electronic Government Procurement (e-GP) Unit:
Job Title 2: Officer – ICT (4 positions)
To assist in providing technical support and ensuring that procuring entities (PEs) infrastructure is ready for the e-GP system implementation.
Statement of Main Duties
- Provide e-GP technical support and training to PEs and Suppliers;
- Undertake e-GP system user training in order to impart required knowledge on usage of the system;
- Troubleshoot e-GP system and user errors and find solutions in consultation with superior and ICT department;
- Train clients on how to create system profiles, tenders, notices and other related matters on the e-GP system;
- Prepare training and other reports for supervisor’s attention and for further action; and
- Performs other lawful duties assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Vocational Requirements: Diploma in Computer Science or Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science.
- Relevant Pre-Job Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in ICT support and customer services
Other skills and Requirements
- Good writing and ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients and other stakeholders in order to provide support on the e-GP system;
- Ability to comprehend system reports and prepare reports; and
- Customer Service oriented.
The positions are on one (1) year employment contract.
Method of Application
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Should comprise an application letter and curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Diploma, Grade twelve (12) Certificate and any other relevant certificates by a Commissioner of oaths.
Applications should be addressed to the:
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates must email their application letters together with other documents. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.