Yara Fertilizer Zambia Limited continues its search to fill the permanent position of a Crop Scientist to support the Commercial Farming Sector in the Northern region of Zambia. Area of responsibility: Lusaka North, Chisamba, Kabwe, Mkushi, Serenje, Kasama. Living location: flexible, but ideally based in Chisamba or Mkushi.
Roles & Responsibilities
To drive the sales and agronomic support of Yara premium and differentiated products to Commercial Farming Customers (Commercial Agricultural Producers), in the assigned area, in a professional and long-term sustainable manner which directly impacts the company overall performance:
- Agronomic expertise and technical support
- Plant nutrition product portfolio development, sale, implementation and monitoring
- Digital farming solutions
- Market Intelligence
- Sales planning and forecasting, ordering and logistics
- Credit application, debtor management and account query solutions
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Company policy, values and contract adherence and promotion
- Sound understanding and practical experience/knowledge of crop production, plant nutrition and agronomic principles.
- Sound understanding and practical experience/knowledge of selling, marketing and negotiating in a commercial agriculture environment.
- Working knowledge of commercial customer service and external customer relations management.
- Working knowledge of commercial sales administration.
- Technical: agronomy expertise and knowledge
- Business: acumen, organization and administration, critical evaluation, consultation and value selling.
- Business Expertise, Leadership, Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills
- Exercising sales activities within the framework of Yara’s code of ethics and corporate governance.
- Ability to work independently within a diverse but geographically remote team.
- Sales collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, make sound judgments and involve relevant experts, decision makers and stakeholders to create sustainable solutions.
- Analysis, judgment and provision of solutions to the day to day challenges of commercial sales.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills to convince both within own organization and external customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Agric Degree or associated qualification, preferably with additional agricultural work-related certificates or similar work experience within Yara.
- Minimum 3/4 years’ experience in an agronomy and sales role for the Commercial Farming Sector, with experience in seasonal planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint or similar packages.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application online