SNV Netherlands Development Organisation requires part-time Data Clerks to be based in Choma and Chipata.
Established in Zambia in 1965, SNV is one of Zambia’s leading INGOs, working with locally based development partners to develop the capacities of local communities and alleviate poverty.
Data Clerks will be responsible for assisting the OYE project by monitoring and verifying project outcomes and deliverables. The Data Clerks will conduct systematic verification exercises of the LSPs’ and youth’s output and outcome results; they will also verify supporting documents and output deliverables; they will assist the MEL advisor and OYE PM with other M&E-related activities; and they will provide other day-to-day support to the SNV advisors.
Activities, Outputs and Deliverables include:
- Identification, recruitment and registration of OYE youth,
- Soft and technical skills trainings as well as Mentoring and coaching of OYE youth,
- Employment opportunity identification and interventions,
- Support learning events and verification of market research and results,
- Support OYE PM and MEL advisor in the collection and validation of youth progress reports.
- University degree in monitoring and evaluation, social studies, Business administration, Agriculture, development studies or relevant (NB: can be actively studying),
- A proactive and entrepreneurial individual who will explore and develop innovative approaches that appeal to rural and Urban youth in Zambia
- Monitoring and evaluation skills,
- Extensive understanding of business, marketing and development issues.
- In depth understanding of project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation framework, reporting and strategies/ tools.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders to build strategic partnerships
Desired Skills and attitude
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues;
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, ask for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time;
- Affinity with engaging productive sectors in skills development and private sectors strategies for out-of-school youth;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Computer literacy including but not limited to SPSS or it’s equivalent, Ms Office Word;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues and outside contacts;
- Passion for working with the youth
This is a Consultancy position with the successful candidate being contracted for a period of 6 months and the positions shall be based in Choma and Chipata.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application online.