Nu Metro Cinemas is looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently. Day-to-day duties could include selling tickets and refreshments from kiosks during the interval, showing people to their seats, dealing with any problems or complaints, re-stocking the refreshment kiosks and trays, collecting litter and tidying up after a show, and working in the cinema or theatre’s cafe / bar.
- Manage transactions with customers using POS system
- Ring up goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem vouchers and complimentary tickets/coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones to customers
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them, and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the cinema
- Maintain clean and tidy working areas
- Track transactions and report any discrepancies
- Management of the entire stock control assigned to you
- Ensure that FIFO principle and all standard policies and procedures are adhered to
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong problem-solving skills and pro-active structured approach to resolve all issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with customers and fellow employees
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven organizational skills and business acumen
- Self-confidence and honest
- Ability to endure a deadline driven environment consistently.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Preferably candidates with Diploma in Hospitality or Business Administration qualifications with some cashiering experience in a restaurant is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in POS, Micros, Gaap and other standard sales systems
- Basic accounting knowledge is advantageous.
- Willing to work long hours including weekends and Public Holidays
- Knowledge of the movie industry and a passion for film will be beneficial
- Residents in surrounding areas of East Park Mall and Arcades Shopping Centre are highly encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this job, email your details