National Breweries Plc are inviting applications to fill this vacant position in Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, reporting to the Brewery Manager-North.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- To participate in the development and implementation of an agreed business strategy for the Brewery.
- To have in place cohesive medium/long term manufacturing plans with defined performance measures.
- Develop budgets for all manufacturing functions of the brewery.
- Plan production requirements based on volume forecasts to ensure that customer demands are met.
- To be responsible for the overall health and safety of the plant as required.
- To be accountable for discipline and ensuring time and attendance is managed as required.
- Optimising all manufacturing resources and implementing tactical and strategic imperatives set out in the Company’s annual and long-term plans.
- Implementing and maintaining Company manufacturing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement short, medium and long term production and raw material requirement plans.
- Recommending economically feasible upgrading, replacement and/or installation of equipment.
- Improve manufacturing performance and reduce real manufacturing costs over time.
- Setting good operational standards and implementation of world class manufacturing practices.
- Manage and control variable and fixed costs, as well as capital expenditure, within budget levels.
- Support the achievement of a continuously improving profit performance through exceptional product and package quality.
- Identify profit making and cost saving opportunities and focus attention and initiate action to realise such opportunities.
- Maintain an environment within the brewery that fosters equal and fair employment practices.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance policies, procedures, and plans.
- Create and sustain an up to date succession and development plan for staff with upward mobility.
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Science, Natural Science, or related field
- Must possess fundamental business acumen
- 7 years’ experience in the FMCG manufacturing field of which at least four years should have been at management level.
- Previous technical experience in the brewing industry would be an added advantage
- Management skill and ability to lead and inspire subordinates.
- Good interpersonal skills, creative thinker, and team player.
- Effective communicator, Sober minded, hardworking, and problem-solving skills.
Method of Application:
Interested persons should send their applications and CV’s to
The Human Resource Specialist
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: email@example.com
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)