Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Learning & Development Specialist in the Human Resources Department.
The position reports to the Director, Human Resources.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for partnering with the business to ensure an end-to-end learning and development program covering key processes – learning needs analysis, learning design, learning implementation, evaluation and determining performance improvement as well as support the development of competence for key jobs and talent pipeline.
Key performance areas
- Conduct learning needs analysis through consultations with managers, surveys, interviews with employees, or evaluation of business information.
- Partner to develop and oversee learning plans for a specific function or a business unit in line with key business goals.
- Determine appropriate learning strategies and approaches aligned to the 70:20:10 principle.
- Compile reports on the learning budget overall and by function.
- Together with business SME’s / external suppliers, design learning solutions and materials to address specific learning needs.
- Design and conduct competence assessments of employees to determine achievement of required competence.
- Partner with line managers to solve problems and to diagnose competence related performance gaps.
- Evaluate, appoint and monitor performance of external training providers in line with Illovo’s quality requirements.
- Facilitate formal learning using a variety of methods and a using a variety of instructional techniques.
- Monitor and evaluate learning programs to ensure they are current and effective.
- Implement various talent pipeline development programs such as bursaries apprenticeships, learnerships and graduate development programs in line with the talent needs of the organisation.
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrolment of employees on learning interventions.
- Prepare, submit and present reports to management (incl. senior management).
- Provide quality input and data for statutory reporting.
- Provide guidance and counselling to employees for career development and personal development planning.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in business / Human Resources / Organizational Psychology or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years’ related experience
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/ experience gained within a similar position(s) at a similar level
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
All internal employees are required to complete the Internal Application Form and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.