Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and humanitarian programmes focus primarily on Inclusive Quality Education, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Early Childhood Development and Gender Responsive Child Protection. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, and self-starter individuals to fill the following positions:
Youth Employment Entrepreneurship and Resilient Livelihoods – Thematic Lead (X1) – LUSAKA – 2 Years Contract
The purpose of Youth Employment, Entrepreneurship, and Resilient Livelihoods – Technical Lead is to provide strategic leadership and technical expertise in the development of strategies, guidelines, and tools on Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (YEE), designing programmatic and policy initiatives for the advancement of resilience livelihoods, climate adaptation, resilience and justice in Plan International Zambia (PIZ); Support and facilitate advocacy engagements on resilience livelihood, climate justice, and emergency preparedness to deliver high-quality programmes in accordance with Plan’s program quality standards and Plan’s Global Strategy.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Head of Programs.
- Ensures that PIZ maintains a high-level engagement with relevant networks and institutions working on YEE and advice on potential strategic partnerships in this technical area.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key, relevant government departments, corporate sector entities and international organizations to facilitate and prepare for YEE programming opportunities
- To represent PIZ in various relevant forums and networks and build relationships with government and non-government institutions at district, provincial, National and Regional level for effective sharing of learnings and technical and financial resources for YEE, climate change and livelihoods.
- Develops minimum standards, technical frameworks and strategies on Youth Employment Entrepreneurship that can guide Plan International Zambia’s YEE programming.
- Provide technical support to Program Areas that particularly Project Managers/Coordinators who are implementing Youth Employment Entrepreneurship projects, monitoring program quality by technically guiding field implementation, overseeing budget expenditure, reviewing quarterly reports and coordinate Youth Employment Entrepreneurship interventions country wide.
- Keeps track, in collaboration with Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team, on the outcomes, indicators, milestones and targets of Youth Employment Entrepreneurship in the Country Strategy and consolidates the progress for the Quarterly and Annual Reports.
- Coordinate the technical review and quality control of regular narrative and financial reports to the donors of projects in his/her portfolio.
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Programs as required.
- Track and regularly review project expenditure to ensure efficient and effective implementation of projects in his/her portfolio.
- Oversee the effective planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the green projects to achieve the defined project objectives in line with the approved Project Document
- Provide technical guidance and direction including training, coaching and mentoring to relevant Plan International Zambia’s staff and partners on YEE and its intersectionality with other themes such as climate change, climate justice and gender equality.
- Facilitates organisational learning in the country by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant internal and external program information on Youth Employment Entrepreneurship.
- Explore local funding and partnerships opportunities; and support proposal development in partnership with Plan International Zambia’s Business Development Unit in line with the country strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field of Natural Resources Management, Development Studies, Economics, Entrepreneurship or other relevant qualifications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in YEE and livelihoods programming including management responsibility in implementing or coordinating the work at national level.
- Additional qualifications and experience in YEE and climate change programming is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results when leading consortia/working with partners.
- Consortium working through diverse partners is a key requirement
- Demonstrated experience of leading quality, rights-based and gender equality projects targeting adolescents and young people particularly girls
- Knowledge of developing trends within the youth employment entrepreneurship sector including policies and guidelines.
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership-building skills
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high-quality inclusive YEE programs
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send your application letter, copies of qualifications, and CV, indicating daytime telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.