Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Training Coordinator to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian-registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company. According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress.
We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves.
Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleague
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a highly committed, dependable and motivated individual to join our Human Resources and Training team. This position will report to the Human Resources and Training Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and perform delivery of learning strategies and programs (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Develop and perform delivery of training to employees and provide necessary information
- about sessions
- Perform organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Perform effective induction and orientation sessions
- Perform assessment of instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Develop updated curriculum database and training records
- Lead train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Oversee and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Perform research on various learning methods (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, digital training, simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training)
- Perform assessment of development plans to help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Develop an approach to using performance reviews and skills gap analyses to identify training needs at a team and individual level and develop appropriate and accessible responses to identified needs.
- Develop and perform delivery of coaching and mentorship programs to establish a culture of continuous learning
- Develop and perform delivery of new training methods (including e-learning courses, game-based platforms, workshops, and other training)
- Develop an assessment of training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals, and consultation with line managers
- Develop an approach to monitoring and evaluating agents, staff, and distributor training effectiveness, success, and ROI and develop recommendations arising from this analysis.
- Perform management of quarterly and annual training budgeting and reporting
- Develop an approach to integrating Vitalite internal values and philosophy into all training and development activities
- Develop an approach to increasing training team awareness of training trends, developments, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc)
- Proven success as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator, or similar role
- Hands-on experience with project management and budgeting
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- BS degree in Education, Training, HR, or a related field
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Please email your up-to-date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications, and 2 references from prior employers.
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 300 words on the following: “Imagine you are hired by a company that has about 100 employees working in locations across the 10 provinces of Zambia, how would you go about organizing and starting employee training programs?”
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.