Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening in the Physical Education and Sports Department and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as a Physical Education Teacher with effect on 1st January 2023.
- At least 3 years of relevant teaching experience.
- Proven ability to teach Physical Education across Key Stages 3 to 5
- Ability to select and devise appropriate teaching methods and differentiate resources to meet the range of needs of students in Physical Education
- Knowledge and experience teaching sports at a competitive level
- Excellent knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Experience in planning effective lessons and developing/contributing to schemes of work
- Experience in monitoring, assessing, recording, and reporting student progress
- Ability to create a stimulating, effective learning environment through excellent management of student behavior
- Able to work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment, demonstrating good interpersonal skills and value in shared practice and teamwork
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- ICT literate including using Microsoft Teams
- Clear, confident, and articulate
- Positive, approachable, committed, enthusiastic, and independent
- Well organised
- Inspires trust and confidence
- Ability to establish and develop close relationships with students, parents, and the community
- Demonstrates a genuine interest and passion in the education of young people
- Commitment to delivering extra-curricular sporting activities and/or evening classes with different age groups of school children
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to motivate others
3. Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in teaching Physical Education/ Sports
- Registered TCZ and or QTS
- Additional qualifications are relevant to the role
4. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Planning and Setting Expectations
- Teaching and Managing Pupil Learning
- Pastoral Responsibilities
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on the Company website.
Please visit their website below and fill in the online application form. Upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.