Our Client, established in the financial sector and based in Lusaka seeks to recruit a driven, self-motivated, well experienced and result oriented individual to fill the role of Finance Manager within a shortest time possible.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for all financial matters and for establishing company-wide financial and administrative goals as well as objectives, policies and practices that insure a continuously sound financial structure. S/He controls the flow of cash through the organization and maintains the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documents; S/he manages the organization’s finances and is responsible for the soundness of the organization’s financial controls and financial reporting; and manages and provides leadership across finance teams.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities: –
- Developing the company and department overall strategic business plans. Develop annual plans to ensure they are in line with the business plan.
- Preparation of compliance reports as required by regulators.
- Management and review of internal control systems to ensure integrity of financial information.
- Providing consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, revenue expenditure, capital expenditure, departmental budgets, salary updates, ledger and account maintenance and data entry.
- Identifying working capital and long-term financing requirements for the company and sourcing of funds for these requirements.
- Coordinating the preparations of financial reports, special analysis and other reports.
- Ensure financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with the Companies Act requirements, the Banking and Financial Services Act requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Control of the Company’ s expenditure and identification and implementation of cost saving measures.
- Board pack preparation and presentation; compliance and Tax planning; and Providing leadership to the finance and administration departments
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/Finance
- ACCA/CIMA qualification and membership with ZICA
- Minimum of three years’ experience at the level of Finance Manager role in banking or other financial institution. Experience in an auditing firm at Manager level, would be an added advantage.
- Remuneration and other conditions of service
The company offers competitive market related remuneration and conditions of service.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their Cover letter and CVs (as one document) to this email:
Please be sure to include the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.