Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) was enacted through an Act of Parliament (ZCAS Act No. 1 of 1989) for the purpose of training accountants, promoting research and advancement of learning in accountancy, finance, and related studies, providing advisory and consultancy services, and for related matters.
ZCAS seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of ICT MANAGER.
Reports to: Executive Director
The position is responsible for planning, organising, directing, and coordinating the acquisition, development, maintenance and monitoring the use of information and communication technology systems in the institution.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Initiates formulation and review of policies on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Work Manuals, Procedures, and related documentation.
- Provides ICT strategic inputs to Senior Management.
- Prepares, reviews, and monitors the ICT Annual Budget to ensure effective implementation of the Centre’s ICT Strategy.
- Analyses the Centre’s ICT systems requirements and recommends appropriate systems and tools for implementation to ensure resources invested in ICT provide improvements to services and value for money.
- Plans and coordinates projects such as installing and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design and implementation of the website.
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of network systems including continuous upgrades.
- Accountable for the delivery, continuity, risk management and effective support of the Centre’s ICT infrastructure and systems.
- Develops, deploys and maintains appropriate security systems that ensure Network, Systems and Data are protected from internal and external security threats.
- Develops, documents, implements, and reviews Business Continuity Plan (Disaster Recovery Plan) for ensuring high systems availability and business continuity.
- Establishes appropriate operational procedures, tools, and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users that ensures high user productivity and guarantees client satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to Local and International ICT regulatory frameworks.
- Provides team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated IT staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Submits regular reports to the Executive Director on the operations and status of ICT systems in the Centre and recommends appropriate action as may be required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or its equivalent.
- Master’s degree in ICT or business-related field.
- Must have ICT Certifications.
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in ICT management, preferably in a higher learning institution.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network installation and network administration.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Knowledge of e-Learning Software and its administration
- Must have proof of valid membership to Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ).
Method of Application
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below: The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Those who responded to the earlier advertisement that closed on 30th September 2022 should not re-apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
This advertisement can be downloaded here: ZCAS ICT Manager Job Ad
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies
P.O. Box 35243
Dedan Kimathi Road