We are seeking a skilled accounting clerk, to carry out various accounting, bookkeeping, and financial activities.
The Duties of an accounts clerk are to maintain financial records up to date, creating reports, and balancing bank statements. The accounts clerk will also execute business activities like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts, you will also use accounting software applications (like SAP). All accounting processes should be well-known to a good accounting assistant, who should also have a knack for numbers.
A successful accounting clerk will ultimately make sure that the business’s daily accounting operations are precise and efficient.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge
Requirements and skills
- Full ZICA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details: