National Council for Construction
In line with our aim to effectively contribute to sustainable economic growth through the promotion development, training and regulation of the Tombion construction industry, we cre seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the following position:
Director – Registration And Regulation
Grade Ncc 2
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the job holder will ensure that measures are put in place to regulate the construction industry in order to promote minimum standards and best practice. The job holder will ensure that contractors, manufacturers/suppliers of construction materials projects and affiliates are duly registered in line with the NCC Act for them to participate in their respective construction activities.
- Evaluates the Directorate’s Annual Work Plan and budget against objectives/policies submitted by subordinates from all Departments, providing guidance/advice and ensuring that submissions are realistic and attainable and thereafter presents the budget for consolidation into the NCC budget and after approval monitors the budget and takes corrective action as necessary
- Supervises Regional Managers and the Registration Officer to ensure registration of contractors, affiliated bodies, manufacturers/suppliers of construction materials and construction projects to ensure orderly conduct in the construction industry. Provides 3-ine support in the Registration process
- Ensures that the database of contractors, affiliates and manufacturers/suppliers as well as projects is updated and contains all the key data and hard copies are properly filed and secured for ease of retrieval and statistical manipulation
- Ensures that monitoring and complance activities are corried out on construction projects in the Regions in order to regulate the behavior of contractors and promote minimum standards and best practices in the construction industry.
- Undertakes monitoring and compliance activities through field inspections of projects from time to time
- Standardizes quality control, contract documentation, codes of practice procurement processes, legal and contractual processes in liaison with other relevant bodies
- vi. Reviews from time to time the process of awarding contracts and makes appropriate recommendations in order to enhance accountability, objectivity and transparency
- Oversees the assessment of contractors in the execution of contracts to ensure that this is cared out through planned inspection and thus providing a performance record for contractors
- Sits on the NCC Tender committee meetings in order to contribute to collective decision in evaluating and awarding fenders for Council’s procurements above K50 Million
- Supervises, coaches, motivates, develops and disciplines subordinates to ensure corrective action and optimum performance
- Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their agreed performance objectives/targets and that appropriate and timely actions are taken arising from the performance appraisals.
- Prepares and submits ad hoc and periodic reports of the Directorate’s activities affairs/performance and related issues for information and decision making.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Masters Degree with First Degree in Civil Engineering. Architecture, Building Science, Quantity Surveying.
- Member of EIZ and/or SIZ, ZIA, etc.
- A minimum of 7 years in the construction industry
- Required Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Strategic/Business planning skills
- High level of analytical ability
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Basic computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
- Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications and contract documents
- Ability to perform required mathematical computations
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
Method of Application
Only those who meet the above role specifications and competences should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications,
Hard copy applications should reach the undersigned not later than Monday, 7th November, 2022 by 17: 00 hours. Soft copy applications can be sent via email and hard copies may be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Council for Construction