Cashiers maintain a working knowledge of product codes; company return policies and current promotions. Their job is to ring up customers, enter accurate information in the payment terminal and provide friendly customer service to encourage shop patrons to return.
Cashier skills and qualifications
- A successful Cashier candidate will have various skills and qualifications to perform the required duties.
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate
- Fluent English
- Computer literate
- Previous experience in same role will be added advantage
- Book keeping knowledge will be added advantage
- Ability to calculate sales and change quickly
- Accountability and accuracy in reconciling sales receipts
- Oriented toward serving others and helping customers
- Customer-service skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Attention to detail
- Process sales transactions
- Accept payments
- Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change
- Answer customer questions about products or services
- Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts
- Report issues with equipment or any other irregulates
Salary will be discussed with right candidates.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details: