The position reports to the Building Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out preventive, periodic and routine plumbing maintenance works to the acceptable Engineering standards at minimum costs. The operational performance area shall be Nakambala and wherever the services may be required by the Company
Key Performance Areas:
- Interpret plumbing drawings and layouts
- Assembling, installing, maintaining pressure testing and repairing plumbing pipes, systems, and fixtures
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as required or as per work order.
- Fitting and repairing various plumbing appliances
- Cutting, welding, and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings and fixtures
- Inspect and test all plumbing systems in line with safety, functionality, and standard works procedures
- Adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guideline and SHERQ.
- Attend and participates in daily safety talks
- Operate tools both manual and powered, according to established safety procedures
- Complete all assigned work orders accordingly
- Provide feedback to the supervisor and clients regarding plumbing systems, materials used and any other information that may be needed.
- Respond to emergencies
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Artisan Certificate in Plumbing and Sheet Metal design
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in similar role
- Valid membership with the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.