Responsible for leading ZICTA and administering the pieces of legislation relating to the provision of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), Postal and Courier Services and cyber security in Zambia;
Ensure that the Authority performs its core functions of supervising and regulating electronic communication services and ensure that such services are provided to all in a safe and secure environment, as well as regulate the provision of postal and courier services; and
Ensure that the Authority plays an appropriate role in digital transformation, contributes towards the country’s attainment of the Vision 2030 as well as the actualization of the aspirations of the Eighth (8th) National Development Plan
- Responsible for developing and implementation of the Authority’s Strategy to ensure attainment of regulatory mandate
- Ensure provision of electronic communications and postal services which meet stakeholder expectations countrywide
- Promote and protect interests of consumers
- Ensure compliance by service providers to principal Acts and regulations in the sector to ensure guarantee of quality of service and experience
- Promote competition and investment among service providers of electronic communication and postal and courier services
- Promote ICT research and development in the sector in order to encourage innovation and growth
- Promote and implement ICT and postal and courier services standards as recommended by the International Telecommunications Union and Universal Postal Union
- Responsible for prudent management and performance of all Authority resources such as staff, finances and machinery to ensure attainment of the Authority’s vision.
The position of Director General is on a three – year fixed term contract.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: