Role can be based in UK, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Nigeria.
Department – Commercial Development Office
Function of Department
Management and production of commercially responsive bids to clients and partners. Part of a team responsible for winning new business in line with the strategy and values of the organisation.
Main Job Purpose
To lead proposal development and submission, using best practice to deliver compliant and compelling bids. You will work with team members drawn from across departments and/or externally.
Main Responsibilities of Job:
- Ultimate responsibility for the bid quality (technical and commercial quality, risk management, and inability)
- Proactively champion and use our bid process from identification through bidding to negotiation and contract, continuously looking for ways to improve and develop it
- Preparation of project proposals: management of bidding process; associate and consultant selection; technical writing; commercial proposal and authorisation
- Support proposals teams throughout the proposal process, holding team members at all levels accountable to agreed deliverables when necessary
- Constantly challenge team members to be innovative
- Provide best practice advice and lessons learnt from past proposals, including client feedback
- Work with writers on document planning and production; provide document review, advice and coaching
- Help with planning, support and coaching for presentations/pitches
- Proactive use of internal systems to support the management of the bid process, record and share information and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Enable continuous improvement and information and knowledge sharing across the business. Be a role model for continuous learning, constructive feedback and positivity
- Develop proposal structure, considering tender requirements and evaluation criteria
- Lead storyboard sessions with bid team members and key stakeholders, ensuring compliance of bid with client demands
- Proactively work with a network of subject matter experts from across the businesses, challenging their thinking to support them in developing solutions
- Draft proposal sections as appropriate, drawing on expert input, track record and existing example text
- Edit and proof read documents for final submission, to ensure compliance, meeting criteria, compelling to the reader, grammatically correct and formatted
- Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture in order to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- Qualification or training in bid management, eg Shipley
- Previous consulting and/or communications experience
- Experience of building and managing relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience delivering proposal management and bid writing for high value proposals, in a professional services and/or government sector environment
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: