Reports To: Procurement Officer
- The Stores Man is responsible for performing duties related to and involving the receipt, storage, and issuance of supplies and equipment, preparation and maintenance of records and reports and related storeroom functions. Stores functions means understanding and performing duty as required in the whole purchasing and supply chain, (inquiring, purchasing or ordering, receiving, cross referencing & documentation, racking/shelving & packing stock rotation, issuing, requisition & transfers, stock takes, audits, stock valuation & reporting, waste management, hygiene, handling and safety etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares purchase orders and has them approved according to Company policy.
- Contacts suppliers and organizes deliveries and / or shopping trips.
- Checks and maintain the appropriate level of stock according to agreed levels.
- Receives supplies controlling invoice details (quantity, price etc.) according to purchase order.
- Unpacks, cleans and stores goods and supplies in assigned and appropriate areas.
- Checks the temperatures of fridges, cellars and any other equipment to prevent spoilage of products.
- Reports any malfunctioning of equipment to Maintenance for immediate assistance if needed.
- Maintains a clean, hygienic and organized store at any given time.
- Controls the expiry date of all products / supplies received and in store.
- Checks the quality of all products / supplies delivered / bought to ensure it is in line with Company standards.
- Enters the received items in the system and keeps a traceable record of anything that entered into the store rooms.
- Issues supplies on the basis of approved internal orders and delivers such items to requesting units.
- Keeps track of all issued items in the system and supported by the appropriate physical documentation.
- Rotates stock to assure issuance of oldest items first (FIFO) and processes orders for replacement as needed.
- Assists in taking physical inventory of supplies and equipment inclusive of cycle counts and the annual physical inventory.
- Maintains clean and neat record of all files, especially signed purchase orders, copies of invoices.
- Produces meaningful, accurate and transparent reports.
- Is responsible for store keys and ensures that items in the store are properly stored and are secure.
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and under minimal supervision
- Integrity, honesty and accountability in all dealings.
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supply
- Relevant pre-job requirements
- 3 years relevant experience
- Numerical/ IT skills
- Knowledge of Semper Operating system will be a strong advantage
Method of Application
Forward a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant academic certificates strictly as One Document to this email below.
Only candidates that meet the criteria are advised to apply.