MissionThe mission for Surface Rock Drilling Product Manager is profitable growth to expand and realize our market potential for our rock drilling tools in surface mining operations (ROT, DTH and TH), working closely with our sales and technical teams from surface mining operation sites including contracts and the broad Epiroc organization for customer centric approach.
Tasks and responsibilities of this job:
Your key responsibilities are:
- Secure our market position for RDT business in all the major mines in North Western province, Kanshashi, Kalumbila and Lumwana.
- Increase our market share by: Acquiring more Business at Surface mines such as Kalumbila and Lumwana and new projects coming up.
- Secure revenue growth opportunities from surface mines in Copperbelt such as 15MCC, Grizzly, Kagerm.
- Work with the rest of MR team to win all new surface mining projects coming up in country.
- Work to limit and counter the threat of new price driven competitors on the market such as Chinese and Indians to protect the profitability of your business.
- Implement solid territory management for the key customers and product segments in the market and put in place field & marketing actions and resources accordingly.
- Continue to advance the introduction of new products in the market consistent with overall Group strategy in areas of Automation and Interoperability with the aim of securing our leading position in the market.
- Work to improve cross divisional collaboration between Capital equipment, Parts and Service, and Rock Drilling tools to enhance our Cross and up selling opportunities in the market and also secure our long term position with our customers
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Mining Engineering/Geology
- A result oriented & experienced management professional with at least 5 years of experience in handling large RDT Cost per Measure Agreements and Service Operations within surface mines.
- Good understanding of Rock Drilling Tools performance analysis. Cost per meter, cost of ownership etc.
- The candidate should demonstrate past experience in mentoring, coaching and developing local technicians to a high level of competence.
- Good understanding of best drilling practice, drilling techniques.
- Understanding basic financial KPI is added advantage
- Energetic, focused and able to enforce high level of work standards, ethics and discipline required in a mine sites.
- A person who enjoys leading a multi-cultural team and fostering an open collaborative culture, Mining operation knowledge, drill & blasting knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge of drill rigs machines would be a distinct advantage.
Why join us?
- Global company with ethics and good culture.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: