Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Reporting line: Provincial Logistics Systems Strengthening Specialist or his/her designee with a dotted line to the Fleet Specialist for the sake of vehicle maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Provincial Administrative and Logistics Officer (PALO) will work with the Provincial Logistics Systems Strengthening Specialist to provide administrative and logistical support in various administrative functions. The PALO will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned vehicle is well maintained, carry out thorough vehicle check-ups to ensure its roadworthy, share with the fleet specialist the works and repairs needed to be done on the assigned vehicle, making payments to the training participants collect and deliver logistics allocated for various offices in areas where PSM has presence as well as at the training venues.
- The PALO is responsible for driving and maintaining the project vehicle. The PALO works in the administrative department and reports to the Provincial Logistics Systems Strengthening Specialist, who is responsible for coordinating the PALO’s assignment and supervising their work. The PALO has a dotted line supervision to the Fleet specialist for the sake of vehicle maintenance
- The PALO is assigned a project vehicle daily, as assigned and/or pre-approved by supervisor; including on schedule field trips, project-related trips within post and specify other cities, and other driving assignments as required
- Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle
- Check assigned vehicle weekly to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive i.e. , check the oil, radiator, fan belt, brake fluid, wipers, tires, lights, signals and ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle
- Initiate and supervise any repairs required on assigned vehicles with the fleet specialist’s approval
- Initiate and supervise routine periodic maintenance of assigned project vehicles, including oil and filter changes, tune-ups, and professional cleaning by high-pressure hose based on the manufacturer’s instructions on optimum maintenance requirements
- Fulfil project reporting requirements and maintain records; including vehicle logs, vehicle routing, and vehicle condition
- Ensure passenger safety by obeying traffic laws, driving carefully, and ensuring each person in the vehicle wears a seatbelt.
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- In conjunction with human resources team and Operations Director, act as project resource for questions on Chemonics’ policies, Zambian labor law, and USAID personnel policies and regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Grade 12 school certificate required; English literacy and numeracy required;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience; Experience working for a U.S. company or NGO in Zambia highly preferred
- Valid Zambian driver’s license Class C and good driving record of not less five (5) years is required
- Understanding of auto mechanics required; Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance will be an added advantage
- Must be in good physical health
- Availability for overtime work and field travel is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of assignment is Chipata, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: