Chitambo Agro Processing Limited (the “Company”) is a greenfield project that is owned by the Industrial Development Corporation (“IDC”) in partnership with the Chitambo District Cooperative Union (CDCU).
The Company has invested in a cassava processing plant for the production of cassava meal, starch, and animal feed for the local and regional markets.
- Interpret the Company’s Vision and Mission to work towards achievement of set goals.
- Ensure the Company is completely setup, operationalized and embarks on growth path to profitability.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures across all business units to ensure consistency and quality assurance in all business activities.
- Ensure that policy is well understood and complied with by all members of the staff.
- Ensure that a proper Performance Management System is in place and is effectively applied at all levels so that individual KPIs are aligned with Company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that competent leadership and operational systems are in place, to drive and foster change across all business aspects of the Company.
- Provide good leadership to all employees, ensuring that they actively participate, contribute to the strategic thinking and the development of the Company.
- Ensure understanding and compliance to relevant Company regulations.
- Ensure health, safety and wellness initiatives are supported and that relevant policies are understood, followed and implemented by all employees.
- Provide credible leadership in ensuring achievement of Financial Goals and KPIs in line with the approved Corporate Plan.
- Keep the financial position of the Company consistently under review to ensure that there is an appropriate balance of long-term and short-term finance, and that adequate cash flow is available for day-to-day business activities
- Provide leadership in development of Operational and Capital Expenditure Budgets each year and ensure presentation of the same to the Board of Directors and eventual approval.
- Reporting against budget quarterly to the Board of Directors, explaining any variations and devised actions to correct the situation if budgets targets have not been met.
- Ensure relevant reporting standards are followed in financial reporting.
- Develop and seek Board of Directors’ approval, a clear and achievable product/service road map.
- Ensure proactive approach to product and service modification to ensure customers are met at their point of need
- Drive the team towards achievement of customer service standards agreed annually.
- Foster value Partnerships with solution providers, content providers, financial players in the market, operators, and others.
- Ensure an excellent the Company brand positioning and a healthy visibility in the market through application of suitable marketing strategies.
- Adopt effective Corporate Governance Framework and best practices which promote and advocate transparency, accountability and responsibility.
- Establish an effective working relationship with all the stakeholders and beyond, in achieving the corporate objectives of the Company
- Keep the Board members abreast of current issues, opportunities and potential risks of the Company
- Meet regularly or and as required with Board to review material issues and to ensure that the Board is provided, in a timely manner, with all information necessary to permit the Board to fulfil its statutory and other obligations
- Work closely with the Chairman in order to ensure that the focus of Board Meetings is on the right issues, information is available in a timely and effective manner and the best advice and counsel are drawn from Board members during meetings and as required throughout
- Maintain a professional standard in all communications and services to other stakeholders.
- Ensure that a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework is embedded across all functions in the organisation.
- Develop an effective Business Continuity Plan and ensure deliberate and regular effectiveness reviews are conducted and necessary changes are proposed, approved and implemented.
- Develop and maintain a strong and effective Internal Audit framework
- Facilitate and corporate with appointed External Auditors to ensure that the Company is subjected to a good audit
- Identify strategic and operational risks, ensure mitigation strategies are in place, and as appropriate, take action to minimise any actual or potential impact
- Foster a culture of risk management and compliance with legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that all business production areas and facilities are always covered by relevant and adequate insurance policies.
- Exercise the powers and duties generally exercised by the General Manager in the furtherance of the interests of the Company as may be authorised and or delegated by the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess a Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, and/or relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in management or similar position.
- Professional Membership.
Competencies required for this Role:
- Only qualified and interested applicants who are willing to work in Chitambo District of Central Province of Zambia should submit their application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, Traceable References, copies of qualifications, and national registration card (NRC).
- If contacted for tests and/or job interviews, please take with you your original NRC, qualifications, and any supporting documents in your possession.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
- No lobbying or corruption will be allowed.
After uploading your documents, you are required to fill in the form as provided by the link below:
- Fill in the sections below and upload your documents.
- Copy the link above.
- Paste it into your browser.
- Fill in the form.
- Chitambo Agro Processing Limited is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website