Terms: This is a full-time consultancy contract for a period of 24 months
Gross salary: £1500 per month
Reports to: Programme Manager at King’s Global Health Partnerships
The King’s-Zambia partnership is recruiting a Programme Coordinator to organise and oversee project activities, as well as to engage with stakeholders to implement a capacity strengthening project together with Primary Healthcare Facilities in the Copperbelt Province. The programme will focus on improving maternal and neonatal outcomes at Primary Healthcare Facilities.
The coordinator will be based at Ndola Teaching Hospital (NTH) and will support clinical staff at NTH and at the Arthur Davison Children’s Hospital (ADCH) to successfully deliver the project, taking responsibility for activity planning; logistics and communication; monitoring, evaluation, donor reporting and stakeholder engagement. The coordinator will also be the main point of contact for the King’s Global Health Partnerships team and will represent the partnership in Zambia, including with Primary Health Care Facilities and Ministry of Health stakeholders. The coordinator will receive support on financial management from the Senior Accountant at Ndola Teaching Hospital and from the King’s team in the UK.
The King’s-Zambia partnership:
The Ndola Teaching Hospital and Arthur Davison Children’s Hospital have a longstanding partnership with King’s Global Health Partnerships in London, UK.
King’s Global Health Partnerships (KGHP) draw on the academic, clinical, and international development expertise from King’s College London (KCL) and three leading NHS Hospitals (Guys and St Thomas’s, King’s College Hospital and the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts). KGHP works alongside partners in Africa to support health systems strengthening.
Areas of responsibility:
- Plan project activities so that activities are completed on time and in line with available budget
- Manage the project budget, including authorising expenditure, regular reviews of budget and expenditure, and ensuring value for money on budget lines
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Project Team at ADCH/NTH, ensuring regular communication and consulting with them about planned activities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to identified NTH/ADCH Mentors so that they have the necessary resources to undertake their mentoring roles
- Act as Secretary for the Multi-stakeholder Steering Group (who will provide strategic direction to the project). Organise quarterly meetings, set the agenda for the meeting, prepare papers, take minutes.
- Liaise with clinicians at ADCH/ NTH to plan and provide logistical support to data collection and training activities
- Monitor progress towards project indicators, including collecting data, analysis on data and producing quarterly narrative and financial reports to KGHP, ensuring compliance with donor requirements
- Meet weekly online with the KGHP’s Programme Manager to discuss workplan and activities
- Monitor and provide information developments in the Copperbelt province that may affect programmes
- Orientate and support UK volunteers, who will be co-delivering training with ADCH/NTH, including giving briefings, and booking transport and liaising with local authorities for planned movements
- Input into the design and development of new project concept notes and proposals
- Perform any other duties as discussed and agreed with supervisor.
Person Specification (essential):
- Must be domiciled in the Copperbelt region, advantage will be given to those resident in Ndola
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related discipline or social sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing donor-funded health or social development programmes on behalf of INGOs / bilateral / multilateral development agencies
- Representational skills, diplomacy and the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
- Operations and logistics management experience, including planning and coordinating events such as large meetings or training programmes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to develop processes and systems for information management
- Experience of budget management
- Must be highly committed, energetic and responsible for their own workload. Being able to take the initiative is essential as this role is managed remotely.
Method of Application
Please send your CV with email reference ‘KZP coordinator’. Please do not send references or academic credentials at this stage.
Contact start date: ASAP
Please note: We will contact shortlisted candidates only.
Closing date for applications: