The Quorum Lusaka is the first premier business club catering to the modern business professional, industry leaders, entrepreneurs and corporates. The idea was conceptualized out of the need to have a professional, yet relaxed venue where corporates, entrepreneurs, high net-worth individuals and young professionals can network, entertain, work, socialize and relax in comfort and style. We pride ourselves on giving our clients the privacy and confidentiality they require, and as such, in addition to our eateries and boutique hotel, we offer private offices, meeting rooms, board rooms as well as open floor hot desks.
Events & Communication Executive will perform tasks such as planning all internal events for clients, liaising with high level executives from corporates and engaging suppliers, handling logistics, managing budgets and invoicing, organizing accreditation, managing risk and presenting post-event reports. Ascertaining preferences of members and planning events in line with preferences; coordinating these needs to ensure the successful execution of the function. Coordinates all requirements and liaises with various departments regarding ancillary requirements such as accommodation, parking décor, etc.
- Making arrangements for all club activities including; business networking, parties, special events, annual meeting or conferences, open houses, receptions or social mixers to attract and retain club members.
- Coming up with individual budgets for each event scheduled throughout the year.
- Estimates the costs, attendance and performance fees, if any, associated with the events.
- Project or estimate ticket prices to cover the costs or come up with ideas to help the club raise funds for free member events.
- Preparing all press releases, publicity and marketing materials for club-sponsored events with the help of the Head of Marketing.
- Overseeing advertising, brochures, pamphlets, fliers and tickets production for all events.
- Negotiates contracts with all types of vendors as needed for club events.
- Ensure all events are dealt with from enquiry to confirmation and that function sheets are completed in good time in conjunction with the Events Coordinator.
- Handle event enquiries including quoting, conduct show rounds of the venue with potential Members to ensure all their requirements are understood and provide exemplary service.
- Assist in managing events ensuring all Members needs and requests are met, and all operational requirements are coordinated.
- Maintain communication with clients, plans their events and negotiates details.
- Assign list of activities to individuals responsible for execution together with deadlines and ensure these deadlines are adhered.
- Engage any external stakeholders who are critical to the success of the event i.e. corporate bodies, entertainment, décor, etc.
- Coordinate execution of marketing activities with the Head of Marketing and ensure communication has gone out in a timely manner on all relevant platforms.
- Works closely with the Operations Department to insure a smooth flow of events and attends events as needed.
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate with at least credit or merit in Mathematics and English.
- Must have a diploma or higher in hospitality or any related qualification from a reputable college or University.
- Good Customer service attitude, demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour at all times.
- Be of a pleasant disposition, honest, trustworthy, creative, higher achiever, innovative to own work plans and see them through to completion.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience in the same or a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.