Queensgate Schools Ltd is a private profit making company registered under the Companies Act, 2017 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia that cultivates and invests in intellectual talent and ideas through delivering world-class research and training. Our overall business goal is to position our company to become the leading tutorial brand in the educational industry in Zambia.
As an equal opportunity employer, the College invites candidates who possess necessary competencies and professional qualifications, from within the company, to apply for the following position:
Post Responsible to: Operations Director
Post Responsible for: All professional business services and Academic related activities.
Location Queensgate College of Health Sciences- Ndola Campus
The Registrar’s job purpose is to Provide leadership to plan, organise and manage professional services and academic activities related to the records and registration, including serving as the official authorised keeper of the college’s student records, and all academic affairs.
Key Accountabilities/Primary Responsibilities:
The registrar will work with the Human Resource and legal affairs on administrative functions of the college and will manage the college logistics and facilities.
- Responsible for Collecting, recording, maintaining, and reporting of student records.
- Work with department heads, staff, and the director to devise registration schedules and procedures
- Coordinate dissemination of information on courses offered and procedures students are required to follow in order to obtain grade transcripts
- Direct and coordinate college registration activities
- Supervise the coordination and certification of all graduation applications.
- Provide leadership and oversight to develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related ICT application in support of enhanced services
- Research, analyse and resolve student’s disputes and relate to records and registration.
- Direct compilation of information such as class schedules and graduation requirements for publication in college notices and bulletins
- Provide guidance in the development of policies governing the acceptance of transfer of credits from other institutions
- Plans and supervises systems development and analysis related to registration and student records systems
- Advises the director , the principal and heads of departments on college policies, procedures and programs to enable them make decision affecting the college and the staff
- Prepares college adverts for submission to the director for approval for placement in the media
- Deals with industrial relations matters to ensure that warm industrial relations exist among the college management, staff and students.
- Maintains and updates student records system in accordance with the policies of the college and Admissions office.
- Develops Annual College registration and Academic Calendar
- Provides Academic departments with students data including class schedules, grades and transcripts and other resource information.
- Acts as liaison for college with College staff, administrators, parents and students
- Secretary to College Board ( Board of Studies)
Education Leadership and Strategy:
- To lead the College in developing and implementing its academic plan for excellence and education and the achievement of agreed departmental performance targets including finance and research grants and tuition fee income.
- To be accountable for matters relating to the admission, recruitment, education and welfare of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departments, staff, students, and community members, and to effectively deal with potential public relations problems courteously and tactfully.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Business Administration
- years working experience in a Similar Position at some Higher Institutions of Learning.
- Must be a Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management,
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of employment legislations and best practices
Competencies required for this role:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of academic student record keeping in a setting of higher education.
- Knowledge and ability to work with online student records and registration systems.
- Proven qualifications of leadership, accuracy, initiative, and organization.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details: