Nanga Farms Ltd
Nanga Farms Ltd. is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of Sugarcane and the rearing of 1,400 head of Cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:-
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the purpose of the job is to execute and manage all mechanical and maintenance of all Vehicles, Plant, Equipment in the farm.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage mechanical workshop and maintenance plans to ensure optimal equipment availability.
- Monitor vehicles performance post services or repairs.
- Identify areas where performance and quality management can be improved and manage the implementation of system and processes to implement improvements.
- Manage computerised record for stock holding of spares and materials and minimise downtime.
- Oversee procurements of spares and other farming equipment.
- Oversee implantation of transport and staff transport arrangements
- Ensure continuous improvements by implanting workshop and maintenance best practices.
- Overseeing of effective talent and performance management of maintenance teams by developing skill within the department through coaching.
- Conduct on the job training and training and instruction, and identify new training needs where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage team and individual performance daily against minimum standards and targets.
- Identify and monitor KPIs and balanced score cards, track performance and flag minimum standards and targets
- Ordering of spare parts and control of relevant stocks.
- Management of a multidisciplinary team of employees.
- Formulation of annual Capital and Operating budgets for the section and control of costs.
- Ensures that the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management system is correctly managed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree (preferably) OR Diploma in Automotive or Vehicle Maintenance, and heavy plant Equipment.
- Minimum 7 years of management experience, preferably on an agricultural operation will be an added advantage.
- Good technical, organisation and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Strong managerial ability.
- Must be a registered Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number (s) and email address to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Nanga Farms Ltd,
P.O. Box 670079,