ZAMRA wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons who are ambitious, innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill in vacant positions.
About Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) was set up by the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 as a statutory body responsible for medicine and allied substances regulation in Zambia
ZAMRA’s vision is to be a leader and centre of excellence in regulation of medicines and allied substances. Its mission is to protect and enhance public and animal health through the regulation of medicines and allied substances.
Purpose Of The Job
To maintain the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) in order to facilitate the storage, processing and retrieval of information for decision making
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake effectively, the collection, collation, compilation and computation of data and other statistical information in order to generate laboratory information;
- Undertake effectively, statistical analysis of laboratory information in order to facilitate preparation of reports
- Ensure effectively, the accurate the inputting, of data in the LIMS in order to facilitate, processing statistical analysis and generation of reports;
- Ensure effectively, consistency and accuracy in inputting processing and reporting in order to assure integrity of the stored data;
- Undertake effectively, the safe custody of information in order to prevent unauthorized access and loss of data;
- Ensure timely and regular updates of software and hardware in order to ensures their usability and serviceability;
- Ensure effectively, the back-up of databases for the LIMS in order to ensure continued access and functionality, and
- Undertake effectively the preparation of accurate reports in order to facilitate decision making.
Qualification and Experience:
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’Levels with credit or better, including Mathematics and English;
- BSc degree in Chemistry/Equivalent;
- Knowledge of ISO17025 and WHO Good Practices for Pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory, and
- Three years’ work experience required.
- computer literate;
- interpersonal skills;
- analytical skills
- ; Analytical thinking;
- Conceptual thinking;
- and Customer service orientation
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications MUST
Submit a signed application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers and contact address.
Certified and validated copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
All applications should reach the undersigned.
Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority,
Plot No. 2350/M, Off Kenneth International Airport Road,