Job Description – Procurement Officer (21000761)
Procurement Officer – (21000761)
Team/Programme: Program Operations
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The position will be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of goods and services that provide value for money through procurement processes, which are fair, competitive, transparent and compliant to Donor rules and applicable laws.
Scope Of Role:
Reports to: Finance & Support Services Coordinator with dotted line to the Supply Chain Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None.
Key Areas Of Accountability:
- Under the direction of Supply Chain Manager list will be responsible for undertaking market research and analysis, run tenders and set up Pre-Qualified Suppliers and Framework Agreements for Save the Children Zambia Country Office.
- Manage procurement execution pursuant to SCI procurement policies, processes and essential standards framework, Request for Quotations, preparation of the Comparative Bids Analysis, amongst others. Facilitate payment process and reconciliation
- Procurement Officer will take the lead in the sourcing process using the Procurement Committees and aligning closely with the requester. Additionally, negotiation and benefits capture will be within the mandate of the Procurement.
- Will be responsible for management of the Supply Chain and Purchasing Efficiency Key Performance Indicators for Save the Children Lusaka Office.
- Keep abreast of new techniques
- Secure `Buy In’ from colleagues and senior decision makers.
- Will be responsible for managing the commercial relationship with suppliers.
- Ensure overall best value for money, adherence to essential and ethical standards through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time, transport and storage costs.
- Responsible for preparation of the comprehensive procurement reports, depicting the real issues faced and suggested action plans and support required.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for Framework Agreements in order to enhance the Supply Chain Efficiency Key Performance Indicator.
- Responsible for following up on invoices and preparation of payment vouchers and timely submission to Finance, ensuring timely processing of invoices with full insight of the budget v expenditure projections from the Budget Holders.
- Responsible for scheduling procurement committee meetings, documentation of minutes and provide Technical Procurement Support to the procurement committee.
- Responsible for updating of the Procurement Tracker and sharing to all staff weekly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a purchasing department
- Must be self-driven and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish SIDA, EU.
- Should have a valid driver’s License
- International NGO work experience an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Must have a mature and honest disposition
- Team player
- Computer literate.
Date of issue: September 2021
Employee Status: Permanent
Closing Date: Ongoing
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications MUST
Submit a signed application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers and contact address.
Certified and validated copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
All applications should reach the undersigned.
Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority,
Plot No. 2350/M, Off Kenneth International Airport Road,