Internal Audit and Controls officer, to be based at their head office
Overall Mission of the Role:
This position will have the responsibility of ensuring a high level of compliance to all Chilanga Cement policies and procedures. The role will also be responsible for maintaining all existing rules and regulations in the operations of the company. The incumbent will do so by conducting audits, evaluating internal controls and accounting systems.
- Assist in formulating the annual Audit plan based on a formal risk assessment and conduct regular follow ups.
- Assist in evaluating the enterprise risk management.
- Perform Audits and internal control activities to ensure compliance and effectiveness of the organisation’s systems and internal controls.
- Assist control owners in drafting and updating procedures with review notes.
- Conduct independent and objective ad-hoc missions including investigations.
- Follow up on all action plans resulting from testing and audit operations to ensure timely closure. This will include all internal, external, and group audits.
- Participate in various stock counts and verification exercises
- Conduct spot checks on various operations in the business
- When required, plan and coordinate the scope of work with external auditors to provide optimal audit coverage to the organization.
- Manage resources of the department to ensure delivery of the objectives at minimum cost.
- Write draft reports and recommendations for the Supervisor’s review.
- Ensure compliance to all group reporting deadlines and reviews.
- Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Financial Management, ACCA, ZICA or CIMA
- ZICA or IIA Zambia Membership required
- Minimum 1 year of related audit working experience.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and risk management
- Good knowledge of performance measuring, budgeting, controlling and reporting.
Method of Application
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under-listed: Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
Please also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.