We are looking for a dedicated self-driven Clinical Director to take overall charge of a new outpatient healthcare facility in the Ibex Hill area of Lusaka. The facility’s departments cover several functions including nursing, laboratory, imaging, pharmaceutical, and administration. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Clinical Director will lead a team that should strive to achieve the best care possible for our patients.
The responsibilities of the Clinical Director include overall institutional management, patient care, identifying consultants and scheduling their clinics, participating in institutional planning, and maintaining high standards of health and safety for all employees.
This is a full-time appointment offered on a renewable two-year contract.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Provide overall medical and administrative leadership at the Centre
- Foster a strong team spirit to ensure that patients receive the highest standard of attention and medical care
- Evaluate, investigate, and diagnose patient conditions.
- Design treatment plans and refer patients to Centre specialists as needed
- Develop and maintain a register of reputable part-time medical consultants, ensuring effective liaison and good rapport with them
- Ensure effective scheduling of specialist clinics and other services
- Oversee the medical record system, both electronic and hard copy
- Participate in the recruitment of medical and allied staff
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and plan
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Requirements and skills:
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia as a Medical Doctor and in possession of a current Practicing Certificate
- At least 4 years’ experience in clinical medicine; exposure to family health will be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of general computer skills with competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Clean disciplinary record
- Experience in hospital administration and familiarity with hospital administration software will be an advantage
- The salary is negotiable and will depend on the suitability, experience and skills of the candidate.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details: