Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Crane Maintenance Mechanic to join the versatile Mine Maintenance team.
- Reporting to the Cranes Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for assisting in day to day mobile and overhead crane maintenance and repair throughout the mine site.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Examination, maintenance and repairs of overhead, static and portable lifting equipment in accordance with Zambian Mining regulations, international standards and company policies
- Adherence to safe working practices
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine working practices
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position equipment and parts during installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Able to read, interpret and understand hydraulic schematics.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic system faults with basic knowledge on CAN-BARS system.
- Willing to work at heights more than 15m.
- With full knowledge of adjusting machinery brake air gaps on both pneumatic and mechanical/ hydraulic brake system.
- Full knowledge on how to maintain and repair Cummins, Perkins and Mercedes Benz engines.
- Maintenance experience on Grove and Terex cranes also manitou telehandlers.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical or Auto Electrical.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Mechanical working experience on mobile, track mounted and OHC cranes in the mining industry.
- Strong commitment to safety as well as good understanding of rules, regulations and company policies regarding lifting machinery and accessories
- Good communications skills, able to work under minimum supervision, self-motivated, team player and innovative.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Human Resources Manager:
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process