Project: CDC/FHI 360 Technical Assistance (TA) Project
Supervisor: Technical Officer – M&E
Location: –Chipata – Eastern Province
Under the Supervision of the Technical Officer – M&E, the M&E Associate shall perform the compilation, verification, data entry and report writing related to patient care and all other HIV/AIDS services in the health facility. He/she will perform all necessary functions and obligations as defined and delegated by the supervising officers. He/she will be required to perform the following duties:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide facility-level technical support for data collection, documentation and reporting of HIV case identification (HTS), treatment, care (viral load) and retention (events) services
- Mentorship of facility Data Associates on quality documentation of registers for HIV/AIDS services (HTS, ART, PMTCT, VL, NACS, Pharm-Lab) for producing monthly reports.
- Strengthen use of Electronic Health Record System (SmartCare) for HIV-positive patients and general clinical care services
- Provide support to ensure maintenance of patient diaries in ART clinic including documentation of patients late for pharmacy pick-ups for follow up
- Support the improvement of management of patient record filling system for easy file retrieval to differentiate care and identification relating to viral load services.
- Oversee monthly compilation and submission of Summation Sheets and applicable HMIS reports.
- Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by health facility and/or district/EPHO supervisors.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of Smartcare HIV/AIDS information systems
- Knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- 3-5 years working experience in the health sector.
- Diploma in statistics, computer science, monitoring and evaluation, project management or related field. A university Degree will be added advantage
- Certificate or higher in a related field will be considered with a minimum of 5 years’ additional years of experience where there are no diploma holders in the applicable district.
- Computer literate: Proficiency in MS Access, Excel and Word
- Experience with daily reporting is an added advantage.
Relocation is not available for this position. Individuals currently residing in advertised locations are encouraged to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: