Call For Applications For The Position Of Boarding Patron
St Ignatius College a Jesuit owned institution seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the following vacant position:
Boarding Patron Readvertised
Purpose of The Job
The Patron is responsible for all aspects of the functioning of the Boarding Section, of which he is in charge and is expected to run following approved school policies, practice and procedures.
This is a management position reporting to the College Vice Principal.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide supervision services to the boarders.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students living within the school.
- Report any safety issues to the Principal.
- To ensure the dormitories/Houses are always fully supervised.
- Liaise with other Dormitory/House staff to ensure all students are provided with optimal care to ensure learning opportunities are maximized.
- Ensure weekly laundry arrangements are followed by students and rooms are tidy.
- Liaise with the Principal with regard to all meal arrangements for students.
- Be available to meet with parents when required.
- Prepare pastoral reports for all students in the House.
- Supervise boarders during ‘free time’, ensuring that boarders are accounted for at all times and that students adhere to correct procedures for exiting the property.
- Provide pastoral care to students living away from home and a link to the College’s Student Counsellor where appropriate.
- Responsibility for the ‘House Emergency Plan’ and carrying out practice fire drills on a regular basis and/or as directed by the principal.
- Ensure the security of the Boarding facility by being vigilant whilst living and working as a member of the school community.
- Attending meetings with the senior staff or at the request of the Vice Principal.
Qualifications And Experience :
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent.
- Degree in Psychology, Education, Guidance and Counselling and Social work
- Eight years relevant post qualification experience, three (3) of which must be at Boarding School management level.
- Experience living and working within a community of students.
- Experience within a Catholic educational organization.
- First Aid knowledge
- Valid Zambian Driver’s Licence.
- Competent Information Technology skills.
Personal Attributes For The Position:
- Honest and reliable with moral strength
- Innovative and proactive
- High degree of attention to detail
- High degree of integrity
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned. All applicants are expected to actively support the school’s Mission and contribute to the Jesuit and Ignatian values and ethos.
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a three paged comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer
St. Ignatius College
P.O. Box 34114
The College is an equal opportunity institution and women are especially encouraged to apply.