JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
Company Secretary: You will be reporting to the City Manager
To be successful as a company secretary, you should be able to provide guidance to company directors about how the organization should be directed, managed or controlled and ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and setting up JABU’s legal and compliance strategy, frameworks and procedures.
- Implementing Service Level Agreements and ensure effective delivery of legal services.
- Reviewing all legal documents relating to operations.
- Providing support and spearheading legal due diligence for any new projects.
- Providing legal, financial and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings
- Training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance and legal matters.
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization and ensuring timely incorporation of changes.
- Ensuring that company policies are up to date and a culture of compliance is maintained across the company.
- Acting as a point of contact and building good relationships with key stakeholders
- Implementing processes and systems to help ensure good management of the organization’s compliance with legislation
- Developing budget recommendations to support systematically planned programs of legal actions and establish controls for the efficient deployment of resources within the approved budget.
- Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB)
- Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
- Post Graduate Degree (preferred/added advantage)
- At least 8-10 years relevant working experience
- Very good knowledge of the Zambian legislative environment especially Company and Labour laws.
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software
- Commercial awareness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- The ability to take the initiative
- A flexible and practical approach to work
- Discretion and diplomacy.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: