Our Client seeks a strong Workshop Manager to manage their Lusaka and Mazabuka workshops. The scope will also be extended to soon to be opened workshops in Mkushi and Chingola. The ideal candidates should correctly manage the workshop to ensure maximum availability of vehicles and mechanical equipment at minimum cost. Qualified Diesel Mechanic and 10 years’ experience in Mechanical Management role
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Supervision Of: Team of 13
Interacts With: Internal Management and Farmers, Franchise dealers, Auto Companies
- Organise, co-ordinate and control the activities of the Workshop Staff.
- Train & Mentor all operators, mechanics and tradesmen to a standard of the organisations expectation
- Implement and conduct mechanical maintenance programme for all vehicles and mechanical equipment
- Work with the Parts Manager and the Procurement Manager in procuring parts and services from reputable and cost effective service providers.
- Maintain accurate labour timesheets with a view of controlling overtime and time use inefficiency
- Allocate and check stores requisitions and prices of fuel, oil, spares, tyres, tubes, and cleaning materials
- Allocate job cards and instructions on a daily basis.
- Forecast, plan, organize and conduct overhauls according to vehicle/mechanical equipment requirements
- Organise the sub-contracting of specific work beyond the capabilities of the workshop relative to time and equipment as agreed to by the Managing Director and/or Financial Manager
- Notify Parts Department timorously on requirements of spare parts and materials required to achieve job purpose and procure the parts/spares in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Review performance of Workshop against standards and targets
- Investigate and report accidents to the Group EHS Manager and complete or assist with the Accident Report
- Investigate and pursue traffic offences and violations of vehicle codes.
- Ensure that vehicles and mechanical equipment is correctly serviced/repaired/overhauled prior to dispatch to the internal and external clients
- Conduct physical inspections of new vehicles/machinery/equipment and ensure that licensing, coding, sign writing and customizing have been carried out to Company Specifications
- Maintain vehicle history records efficiently and ensure all files are kept current
- Ensure the timely procurement for all parts required for the efficient use of all vehicles, tractors, implements and machinery.
- Supervise and instruct on the correct usage, care and efficiency of all tools, welding equipment, compressors, etc. In the Workshop
- Ensure that the Workshops is maintained in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Organise a Workshop Staff Duty Register for Saturdays & Weekends
- Advise Parts Department on stock levels for spare parts, cleaning materials
- Ensure that Workshop Staff are trained and kept abreast of modern technology
- Attend to grievances and discipline timorously
- Ensure that Workshop Staff adhere to Standard Safety Procedures and the Company Disciplinary Code
- Refurbishment of tractors, trailers, and implements including spray painting
- Ensure that staff matters are addressed and always motivated
- Ensure that all staff in your department are suitably appraised on a quarterly basis. The outcomes of the appraisals are to be presented to Management
- Institute Disciplinary enquiries for all transgressors with a view of rehabilitating and harnessing a good company ethos and culture
Experience: 10 years plus
Education Level: Degree
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic
- Software: MS Office
- Equipment: Mechanical experience in heavy machinery
- Knowledge Of: Hydraulics and Pneumatics. Experience as an artisan
- Skills To: Good work ethics, suitable management experience
Gender Profile: Mixed
Age Profile: Any
Terms and Conditions:
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details: