Reports to: Construction Manager
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Observe the quality and progress of the construction on projects to determine in general that it is proceeding in accordance with the Contract Documents
- Monitor the construction progress and assist in the preparation of progress reports as required by the PEAS
- Review Contract Documents with the Contractor’s supervisors so as to have a complete understanding of the scope of the project
- Collaborate with the Construction Manager to evaluate the contractor’s suggestions and assist with making a final decision;
- Attend project meetings as PEAS representative and report to the Construction Manager in writing on the proceedings
- Tests required Contract Documents. Review testing invoices, if any, to be paid by PEAS
- Maintain records at the construction site or as directed by the Construction Manager in accordance with the PEAS procedures
- Maintain a logbook containing, project progress and reports and submit reports on the progress of the Contractor’s work to the Construction Manager;
- Review applications for payment submitted by the contractor with the Construction Manager and assist in making recommendations related to payments
- Assist the Construction Manager in reviewing the list of items to be completed or corrected with is submitted by the Contractor with a request for issuance of a Certificate of Substantial Completion
- Assist the Construction Manager in reviewing the documentation and record documents to be furnished to the PEAS by the Contractor upon completion of the work;
- Conducting site safety inspections when the work is underway and ensuring compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Ensure that the contractor adheres to the Child Protection Policy
- Assist in obtaining permits from local authorities and planning offices
- Measurement and Valuation of works in progress
- Carry out Health and safety in schools by
- Ensuring that the physical environments for teaching and learning are conducive;
- Ensuring that there is safe drinking water and adequate sanitary facilities for all students and teachers
- Ensuring that children with disabilities have access to all facilities
- Ensure timely response to any Health and safety hazard
- Responsible for maintenance in schools by
- Ensuring that all schools and other education infrastructure are kept in a state of repair and properly maintained
- Ensuring that there is a timely response to urgent maintenance needs
- Carrying out regular inspections of schools and planning for any maintenance needs.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma or Degree in either Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a similar role
- Carry a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Can manage to work outdoors and out of town for long periods of time
- Knowledge of construction industry safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders.
- History of professionalism, being a team player, adhering to project schedules, regular attendance at work, and a strong work ethic
- Experience and academics in procurement will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Please read through the candidate pack thoroughly and if you are excited by the opportunity of the role at PEAS and have met the essential criteria, please click any of the links to complete the application form. Apply for the Teacher position here
Apply for Head Teacher here,
Apply for Deputy Head Teacher here,
Apply for School Accountant and Assistant Construction Supervisor by sending an email: All job applications should be sent clearly indicating in the subject line the position you are applying to.
Address your application letter to
The Human Resource Officer
Promoting Equality in African Schools Zambia LTD
39 Kabinga Street, Northrise.
Please note, that only complete applications will be reviewed, and only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted. We will review applications on a case-by-case basis and shortlisted applicants may be invited in earlier than the closing date. We reserve the right to close the application process sooner than the date specified should we receive a high number of qualified candidates.
PEAS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its recruitment practices and, to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
PEAS has a strict Child Protection Policy. All staff are expected to abide by this.