Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Provide complex advice and support in the positioning of auditing operating models and frameworks in a broadly defined business functional strategy; enabling operating model, strategy and value chain formulation and alignment.
- Assurance: Proactively support the definition of the Group-wide risk profile, working effectively with colleagues across
- A to ensure that the IA Audit Plan is effective, including the best use of resources, and deliver a view on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management and controls to the AGL Chief Internal Auditor and proposing mitigating actions.
- Strategy Formulation: In conjunction with CAE co-design or enhance Strategy, Target Operating Model and Structure.
- Accountable to ensure effective implementation.
- Leadership and Management: Mentoring, coaching and sharing knowledge, actively monitor team KPIs and manage to achieve KPIs consistently, identifying and develop talent and succession plans, recruit A players and oversee team’s resources and budgets, including the management of the annual pay round and bonus processes, and actively monitor team KPIs and managing to achieve KPIs consistently. Supporting extended Executive Committee colleagues in the achievement of their own team goals.
- Team work: Be part of the broad AIA leadership team, working in a collaborative manner to drive progress in leadership team to embed high performance culture
- Relationship Management: Maintain a constructive and high profile relationship with relevant Executive Management, the risk management community, Governance and Control Committees and other relevant internal and external bodies, where and when appropriate. Commercial: Lead the audit team and deliver assurance activities within the budget defined for their area, produce commentary and information for IA-wide reporting, e.g. to the Group Governance & Control Committee (GG&CC), and understand developments in and across business areas which may impact the audit plan, including changing economic, market, technology and risk environments, and use expert knowledge continuously to refocus the audit plan and define future planning direction.
- Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Financial Sciences (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: