Location: Chipata, Eastern Province
Supervisor: Principal Investigator
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for an anticipated PEPFAR-funded technical assistance project in Zambia. The project will help the Government of the Republic of Zambia with the attainment of National 95-95-95 targets and other HIV related targets as well as support the Government’s capacity to effectively manage all aspects of HIV service delivery in selected Provinces in Zambia.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of all monitoring and evaluation activities on the project. S/he will ensure that systems are in place to ensure quality data reporting and promote learning and knowledge sharing. The position will be based in Zambia – Eastern Province and will report to the PI.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including the development and execution of the project’s evaluation and performance measurement plan
- Provide oversight, supervision, mentorship, training and capacity building to ensure project and related data are high quality data throughout the chain of collection, collation, reporting, auditing, quality assurance, analysis, synthesis of data and utilization
- Lead the designing and implementation of a robust “collaboration, learning and adaptation” agenda for the program, project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Oversee the dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners, and other stakeholders. Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information among these actors
- Support Government of the Republic of Zambia and her counterparts to develop and implement appropriate guidelines M&E standards and guidelines
- Contribute to strengthening the national data collection and information systems including undertaking periodic reviews, participating in planning M&E system strengthening actions and other initiatives
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence
- Participate and contribute to routine progress review meetings with the donor, government and other stakeholders
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Standards:
- Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field with a minimum of 12 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing, and leading monitoring and evaluation activities for large public health programs (including HIV/AIDS, technical assistance, health systems strengthening, integrated health service delivery, human capacity and organizational capacity development) involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country, with the most recent three years in Zambia
- Prior experience as a director/lead or senior leadership role for strategic information/monitoring and evaluation of a PEPFAR or CDC-funded project is required.
- Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills including using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to engage in knowledge management, articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences including excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, as well as strong oral presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage a high-volume work flow, adhere to timelines as well as work collaboratively with others and to develop and maintain sound professional relationships among project staff, partners, host government agencies, donors and other stakeholders
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel, and some international travel as assigned.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: