Synergy seeds Zambia is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill
position of Field Expert in Choma under the Sales Department.
Location: Choma Contract Duration: Permanent And Pensionable
Purpose of The Role
- The job holder shall be responsible for demand creation activities (training & demonstration) of the Synergy products in the region as well as coordinating, managing, selling, and promoting
- Synergy products to all assigned existing customer portfolios in the target areas.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Regional Manager – Southern Province.
- Sales target attainment, through demand creation of the Synergy products
- Identification and management of Synergy demonstrations/trial plots in the assigned areas
- Train and develop target farmers/Agro dealers on Synergy products
- Execute technical, sales and marketing activities including merchandising
- Demand creation for the Synergy products to farmers and all assigned Agro dealers
- Selecting sites for installation] of demo plots/trials
- Organizing and attending of field days and agriculture shows in the designated areas
- Manage customer complaints emanating from use of Synergy products
- Manage and ensure growth of assigned Agro dealers
- Create demand with agents and connect agents to Agro dealers/distributors for product fulfilment
- Share demand plan with the Regional Manager and Operations team on a weekly basis
- Manage lead farmer network and advice farmers to improve production
- Take orders from Agro dealers/rural agents and organize and coordinate delivery of products
- Ensure all customers are handled and serviced within accepted Synergy policy and standards
- Monitor and report competitor activities actions
- Build good relationship with local NGO representatives and officials
- Provide timely response and reports to Regional Manager
Skills, Knowledge And Competence Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in agriculture
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in relevant role
Critical Skills and Experience:
- In-field technical experience
- Experience in marketing & selling in the agriculture industry a plus
- Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Experience in working in multinational organizations with emphasis on communicating and
- decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Good understanding of local agriculture industry, the agri-business
- Business acumen
- Hold critical internal & external crop expertise across a range of agronomic conditions
- In-depth crop and product knowledge-labelled and actual use patterns – ability to advice
- Competitor product knowledge
- Basic computer skills especially MS packages
Method of Application
All Interested applicants should send their applications (Cover Letters and CVs) to this email below: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.