Primary Location: Kitwe, Zambia
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
At Metso Outotec you will join a supportive and inclusive network of colleagues from around the world. There will always be a chance for you to learn and try something new.
This is your invitation to rise above what was possible yesterday.
Job posting end date: 14/09/2022
A position has become available for a Technical Sales Support: Pumps, based in Zambia
Plans, organises, and provide technical expertise on products and services, using specialised knowledge of slurry pumps, e.g. the composition, uses and maintenance of the products and services. Represents and sells Metso Outotec’s products and services to customers by visiting, building new and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct sales and marketing of the products according to agreed sales and marketing plans
- Provide technical support and service internally and externally on pump applications to the satisfaction of the customer
- Preparation of tenders and enquiries
- Order processing and expediting
- Project liaison with clients
- Travel periodically when the need arises
- Liaise with Logistics and the pump factory to ensure customer satisfaction
- Promote service and Life Cycle Services, in the allocated areas of responsibility to various clients.
- Provide advice to customers relative to an optimal pump selection / solution.
- Serve as a technical resource for sales support, marketing and design engineering teams.
- Build relationships with our regional account managers and cluster managers in Africa.
- Consistently check and make sure that Sales Force is up to date and accurate in line with the available opportunities.
- Perform technical reviews with the customers which will mean travelling to the various EPCM’s and customer mine sites to provide this technical support.
- Working closely with the commercial managers to ensure the Metso Outotec Musts are adhered to.
- Support the project managers and production to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist the Logistics (Customer Care – CC), Customer Service Representative (CSR), including customers in resolving part coding numbers and descriptions.
- Stay informed with the new Metso Outotec pump systems technology i.e. Pumpdim, PSF, etc.
Reports directly to the Sales Manager: Pumps.
Internal And External Interfaces:
- Sales Account Managers
- Business Lines
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric (Grade 12)
- 4-year Degree in Engineering (Processing, Mechanical or Mining)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related Mining or Engineering Field
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer for a Pump Equipment, Hydrocyclones and Slurry hoses supplier would be an added advantage
- Hydrocyclones and Slurry hoses applications experience advantageous
- Work experience in a pump equipment, hydrocyclones and slurry hoses sales and marketing environment would be beneficial
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to present to large audiences are also required.
- Good market knowledge
- Good technical and sales background of Slurry Pumps, Hydrocyclones and Slurry hoses
- An existing customer network would be beneficial
- Computer literacy is essential
Skills and Abilities:
- Technical Background (Understand & read technical Drawings)
- Mining sales background with customer relations
- Admin. – quote registers; sales forecasting; sales budgets etc.,
- Communicator – Handle customer needs & customer complaints
- Handle stress in breakdown situations
- Plan & use own initiative
- Follow – up on quotes, as well as pursue back orders & lead times
- Diplomatic in negotiation skills
- Willingness / Ability to travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travel experiences.
- Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful;
- we however thank you for your interest in our company.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: