Healing Care Medical Centre, located in Mazabuka, is a newly established private medical facility providing various healthcare services including out-patient consultations, antenatal services, comprehensive laboratory services, to mention but a few.
We are looking to employ a Pharmacy Technologist:
The Pharmacy Technologist will be responsible for the provision of quality pharmaceutical services to clients who visit the facility. He/she will work closely with other staff of various specialties to provide high quality health services to patients.
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Must be fully registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia and must possess a valid practicing license
- A minimum of 3 years work experience at a busy facility
- Trainings in pharmacovigilance and HIV drug management will be an added advantage but not a requirement
- Must be proactive, honest, trustworthy and conduct themselves in a professional manner both during and after working hours.
- Must be respectful to all facility staff and maintain a healthy relationship with them.
- Must treat ALL patients with the utmost respect.
- All medical information is to be kept confidential at all times.
- Able to appropriately dispense medicines and provide adequate information to patients regarding dispensed drugs
- Able to pack and dispense drugs according to the FIFO/FEFO rule
- Must be able to evaluate patient’s drug-related needs by determining indications, safety and effectiveness of therapy
- Be available for duty on rostered shifts, weekends and in case of emergencies if need be
- Ensure that patient care documentation is accurate
- Must understand the importance of pharmacovigilance and know how to process a case
- Must ensure compliance with good pharmacy and dispensing practices
- Must be able to implement strategies to effectively manage stock to ensure availability, quality and safety of pharmaceutical commodities in the hospital
- Must be able to manage stock of pharmaceutical supplies in the facility
- Ensure that proper handover procedures at points of shift change to promote continuity of patient care
- Able to recommend strategies to improve patient care
- Compile monthly statistics and reports which are to be timely submitted to supervisor
- Must be ready to perform other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
Other Qualities & Skills:
- Strong IT skills especially in usage of Microsoft Office software
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to operate well under pressure
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements can send their applications to with the following attachments:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional qualifications
- Relevant training certificates
- HPCZ Registration and valid practicing license
- Copy of the National Registration Card and/or passport