Tyre-King is one of the leading, specialized automobile Tyre retailers in Zambia, and is currently operating in sixteen (16) Tyre sales and fitment outlets in Zambia. Tyre King is continuing to grow and expand its footprint in Zambia. We are looking for MANAGEMENT TRAINEES to help us develop and implement our growth strategies. This ¬position is suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience in a managerial role with advancement potential. The successful candidates will undertake the internship in one of our sales retail outlets in Zambia.
Duration: 6 Months Trainee Contract (Internship)
Reporting To: The Sales And Marketing Manager
Purpose of Management Trainee (Intern)
To acquire all essential knowledge to become future managers, and to identify and apply important strategies and business processes. To get to know the nuts and bolts of our company’s functions and operations, and support our management team with daily tasks such as; ensuring customer satisfaction, profitable selling; meeting sales targets, growing market share, effective management of branch assets, operations and management of personnel.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Manager and other senior Management to influence the creation and communication of company sales strategy, business priorities, and targets for the branch teams.
- Work with Branch Managers to nurture relationships by servicing the existing accounts leading to continued purchases.
- Prospect potential customers: make presentations, cold calls, timely response to enquiries and tenders, closing the leads and initiate purchases.
- Research ways to increase profitability and lower risk.
- Collect all debts within the specified credit period of approved credit days.
- Take proper care of all Branch Assets: Manage all branch stock and stock related documentation in timely manner; Stock counts, and Asset management.
- Implement performance management system to accomplish agreed objectives. Preparedness/ planning and organizing of appraisal process.
- Understand each department’s daily processes and goals.
- Provide administrative support.
- Help Managers in evaluating branch performance e.g. writing reports, analyse data
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal education and self-education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or any related business course, Mechanical Engineering, or Automobile Engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Good Leadership and Organization skills with ability to work with a team
- Aged between 24 and 45
- Must be a fully paid up member of Zambia Institute of Marketing (ZIM), or Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or any professional body.
- Having a valid driver’s license, will be an added advantage.
Must have at least three traceable referees and provide the same in the CV
Method of Application
Send your detailed CV which includes three referees, qualification certificates and cover letter to:
The Head Human Resource & Administration,
Clearly state in the subject the position you are applying for. E.g. Management Trainee Application. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.