The main purpose is to maintain all facilities in good working conditions to the company standards and complete Electrical engineering and construction projects by organizing, controlling and supervising all elements of the project. Design and implement complex industrial, commercial, and domestic electrical systems. Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Responsible for the implementation of Company Projects by carrying out scoping, detailed design, contract administration, project management, construction supervision and project close-out as per the Group Project Management Manual
- Prepare and monitor the yearly Maintenance budget.
- Implement and follow up on Capex projects in accordance with plan, budget, quality and with due regard to HSSE;
- Plan and organize all the maintenance work at various retail sites, installations and depots in accordance with Group Standards and Procedures as well as best practices while ensuring that all records are properly kept;
- Be the Contract Holder for various agreements of engineering projects; to carry out inspections and participate in audits as per the annual inspection plan
- Work in collaboration with Contracting and Procurement to draft tenders and technical specifications so as to obtain the best prices, value and quality;
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least a minimum of 5-7 years in Electrical engineering
- Must have at least a minimum of 3-4 years of working experience with Power Generation Company
- Proven experience in Electrical Engineering Project Management (Sub-station construction and installation)
- Must have vast HSSE experience
- Must be a member of EIZ
Method of Application
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these emails:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE